Dear friends & competitive exam aspirants, welcome to Webmentorz.com, we have decided to provide The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Pdf Free Download on a daily basis.
The Hindu Daily Vocabulary Free Pdf Download
We have decided to provide you all with these Important English Vocabulary For Competitive Exams Pdf as it will help you all by strengthening your day to day English words in the various competitive exams for whichever you are preparing.
The exams in which these The Hindu Daily Vocabulary Pdf will prove useful are UPSC Civil Services (IAS), State Level Civil Services Or Public Service Commission (PSC) Exams, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Grade B, SSC Graduate Level Exams, Bank PO and Clerk, NDA, CDS, Railway, RRB, SSC, Bank, SBI, IBPS, SSC CGL and Other Competitive Exam, TGT and PGT Exam, MBA, Hotel Management, Airforce, NDA, Navy, CDS, SSC Or SSC CGL Or SSC CHSL, Delhi Police, Multitasking Staff, CAPFs, Constable GD & Many More.
Importance Of Vocabulary
Vocabulary is an important part of major competitive exam it always play a vital role in clearing sectional cut-off in competitive exams like IBPS PO, SBI PO, RBI, SSC, and other exams. A strong vocabulary always help you to solve the English language section in any competitive exam along with this it is very helpful in your day to day life and groom your personality.
So dear friends, let’s read today’s The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf
Daily The Hindu Important Vocabulary 05th February 2020
1. PERSECUTE (VERB): (सताना, कष्ट देना): Harass or annoy (someone) persistently.
Synonyms: harass, hound
Antonyms: comfort, soothe
Example Sentence: Hilda was persecuted by some of the other girls.
2. SUCCUMBED (VERB): (दबाव, प्रलोभन का विरोध करने में विफल होना): Fail to resist pressure, temptation, or some other negative force.
Synonyms: yield, give in,
Antonyms: resist, conquer
Example Sentence: “we cannot merely give up and succumb to despair”
3. DEFIANT (ADJECTIVE): (उपेक्षापूर्ण): Open resistance; bold disobedience.
Synonyms: resistant, obstinate
Antonyms: apologetic, cooperative
Example Sentence: “a defiant gesture”
4. REFERENDUM (NOUN): (जनमत संग्रह): A general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision.
Synonyms: public vote, plebiscite
Antonyms: unilateral decision
Example Sentence: “he called for a referendum on the death penalty”
5. MOOTED (VERB): (शुरू करना या उठाना): Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).
Synonyms: raise, bring up
Antonyms: knock over, lay down
Example Sentence: “the scheme was first mooted last October”
6. ACCORD (Verb): (अनुदान करना): Give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).
Synonyms: give, grant, tender
Antonyms: withhold, remove
Example Sentence: “the powers accorded to the head of state”
7. ELUSIVE (Noun): (मायावी): Difficult to find, catch, or achieve.
Synonyms: difficult to catch/find, difficult to track down
Antonyms: attracting, confronting, definite
Example Sentence: “success will become ever more elusive”
8. PRECIPICE (NOUN): (करारा, खड़ी चट्टान): A very steep rock face or cliff, especially a tall one.
Synonyms: bluff, cliff
Antonyms: disdain, demotion
Example Sentence: We swerved toward the edge of the precipice.
9. PREDICAMENT (NOUN): (कठिन परिस्थिति): A difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation.
Synonyms: quagmire, dilemma
Antonyms: advantage, blessing
Example Sentence: The club’s financial predicament is started now.
10. ENLIGHTENMENT (NOUN): (प्रबोधन): The action of enlightening or the state of being cultured
Synonyms: sophistication, literacy
Antonyms: ignorance, bewilderment
Example Sentence: Robbie looked to me for enlightenment.
Tricks To Learn English Vocabulary Faster
The great and easiest way to learn vocabulary is only possible by reading, reading, and reading. You can read whatever you want it may be book, magazine, newspaper or storybook, after reading try to work on sentence making it helps you put everything you have learned into action: so you have learned a new word and you understand when to use it. but in your competitive exams major part of the English language section cover by The Hindu Vocabulary so firstly you develop your reading interest and then focus on The Hindu vocabulary.
You can also learn new words is to play word games like Scrabble and Boggle. They are a great way to practice your vocabulary and also learn new vocabulary in a fun way.
- Also Read Today’s Newspapers -05-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -04-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -03-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -02-02-2020
Join Us On Telegram For Daily Vocabulary, Current Affairs, Important GK Questions, Newspapers And Study Materials:
दैनिक शब्दावली, करंट अफेयर्स, महत्वपूर्ण GK प्रश्न, समाचार पत्रों एवं अध्यन सामग्री के लिए हमारे ग्रुप्स से जुड़ें:
|Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Telegram Group||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Page||Click Here|
|Facebook Group||Click Here|
To Download The Hindu Vocabulary Free Pdf Of 05th February 2020 Click Here