Dear friends & competitive exam aspirants, welcome to Webmentorz.com, we have decided to provide The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Pdf Free Download on a daily basis.
The Hindu Daily Vocabulary Free Pdf Download
We have decided to provide you all with these Important English Vocabulary For Competitive Exams Pdf as it will help you all by strengthening your day to day English words in the various competitive exams for whichever you are preparing.
The exams in which these The Hindu Daily Vocabulary Pdf will prove useful are UPSC Civil Services (IAS), State Level Civil Services Or Public Service Commission (PSC) Exams, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Grade B, SSC Graduate Level Exams, Bank PO and Clerk, NDA, CDS, Railway, RRB, SSC, Bank, SBI, IBPS, SSC CGL and Other Competitive Exam, TGT and PGT Exam, MBA, Hotel Management, Airforce, NDA, Navy, CDS, SSC Or SSC CGL Or SSC CHSL, Delhi Police, Multitasking Staff, CAPFs, Constable GD & Many More.
Importance Of Vocabulary
Vocabulary is an important part of major competitive exam it always play a vital role in clearing sectional cut-off in competitive exams like IBPS PO, SBI PO, RBI, SSC, and other exams. A strong vocabulary always help you to solve the English language section in any competitive exam along with this it is very helpful in your day to day life and groom your personality.
So dear friends, let’s read today’s The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf
Daily The Hindu Important Vocabulary 07th February 2020
1. CLAPTRAP (NOUN): (दिखावटी): Absurd or nonsensical talk or ideas.
Synonyms: bombast, bunk
Antonyms: sense, feel
Example Sentence: Such sentiments are just pious claptrap.
2. PETITION (NOUN): (प्रार्थना): A formal written request,
Synonyms: application, prayer
Antonyms: answer, demand
Example Sentence: She was asked to sign a petition against plans to build on the local playing fields.
3. DICHOTOMY (NOUN): (विरोधाभास): A division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed
Synonyms: disunion, difference
Antonyms: sameness, similarity
Example Sentence:The nature of the universe is proved too subtle for this dichotomy.
4. TURF (VERB): (हटाना): Force (someone) to leave somewhere.
Example Sentence: They were turfed off the bus.
5. PREACHED (VERB): (धर्म का उपदेश देना , प्रचार ): Speak publicly about beliefs.
Synonyms: exhort, teach
Example Sentence: He preached to a large congregation.
6. SCUTTLED (VERB): (भगदड़ करना): Run hurriedly or furtively with short quick steps.
Synonyms: scamper, scurry, scramble
Antonyms: crawled, crept,
Example Sentence: “a mouse scuttled across the floor”
7. HELM (NOUN): ( नेतृत्व की स्थिति): A position of leadership.
Synonyms: in charge, in command
Antonyms: subordinate, conclusion
Example Sentence: “the chairman is to step down after four years at the helm”
8. FOLLY (NOUN): (मूर्खता): A foolish act, idea, or practice.
Synonyms: foolishness, foolhardiness
Antonyms: wisdom, good sense
Example Sentence: “the follies of youth”
9. FUTILE (NOUN): (व्यर्थ, निरर्थक): Incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.
Synonyms: fruitless, vain, pointless
Antonyms: useful, fruitful
Example Sentence: “a futile attempt to keep fans from mounting the stage”
10. DETERRENCE (NOUN): (निवारण): The action of discouraging an action or event through instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.
Synonyms: prevention, discouragement, disincentive
Antonyms: encouragement, persuasion
Example Sentence: “nuclear missiles remain the main deterrence against possible aggression”
Tricks To Learn English Vocabulary Faster
The great and easiest way to learn vocabulary is only possible by reading, reading, and reading. You can read whatever you want it may be book, magazine, newspaper or storybook, after reading try to work on sentence making it helps you put everything you have learned into action: so you have learned a new word and you understand when to use it. but in your competitive exams major part of the English language section cover by The Hindu Vocabulary so firstly you develop your reading interest and then focus on The Hindu vocabulary.
You can also learn new words is to play word games like Scrabble and Boggle. They are a great way to practice your vocabulary and also learn new vocabulary in a fun way.
- Also Read Today’s Newspapers -07-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -06-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -05-02-2020
- Must Read Daily The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary Pdf -04-02-2020
Join Us On Telegram For Daily Vocabulary, Current Affairs, Important GK Questions, Newspapers And Study Materials:
दैनिक शब्दावली, करंट अफेयर्स, महत्वपूर्ण GK प्रश्न, समाचार पत्रों एवं अध्यन सामग्री के लिए हमारे ग्रुप्स से जुड़ें:
|Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Telegram Group||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Page||Click Here|
|Facebook Group||Click Here|
To Download The Hindu Vocabulary Free Pdf Of 07th February 2020 Click Here